- ・Transdisciplinary Arts Theory
- ・Applied Transdisciplinary Arts Theory A
- ・Transdisciplinary Arts Seminar
- ・Transdisciplinary Arts Practicum I
- ・Production Skills Workshop I, II
- ・Guided Research I, II (Master’s Program)
- ・Transdisciplinary Arts Research Methods
- ・Transdisciplinary Arts Research: Expression I, II
- ・Guided Research I, II, III (Doctoral Program)
Prof. Iwai has been creating art in diverse media since the 1990s, based on the unique environments of specific communities both inside and outside Japan. In recent years he has been investigating the role of art in multicultural environments through civic workshops. In addition to his role as chairman of the Immigration Museum Tokyo, he is also dean of the Faculty of Art of Akita University of Art.
Clube Esperanca (video project). Kani City Multicultural Center, Gifu
Anata ni tsunagaru [Connect to You] (group exhibition). Niigata City Art Museum
Jinkogensho x ato [Depopulation and Art] (solo exhibition). NHK Akita Bureau
Planning and direction, Newcomers View (2011-2013); Fascinating Encounters (2014); The Form of Encounters (2015); Everyday Happenings (2015); Bath House Elegy, Humane Pull-car, and Vanishing View of Showa Era (2016). Immigration Museum Tokyo.
・Single author book
Robo no kohan: Ozu Yasujiro no jidai to gendai [Patches of Light on the Roadside: Yasujiro Ozu Then and Now]. P3 art and environment.
Artwork submissions / performances
Faces / Persona. Multicultural Theater Project 2012. Kani Public Arts Center ALA, Gifu.
A light sleep. M1 Singapore Fringe Festival 09. Singapore